A comprehensive, 10-page, step-by-step instructual manual for writing a professional CV and/or Resume in the context of graduate school applications.
Provides an in-depth discussion of key topics, including:
- Contrasting the purposes/structures of a CV vs. Resume;
- Initial, information-gathering steps to prepare to compose your CV/Resume;
- How to develop a "Master" CV/Resume to use to create separate, individually-tailored documents specific to each program to which you are applying;
- Provides a review of 13 distinct Resume/CV sections, discussing the purpose of each and specific content you should include;
- Numerous formatting, grammar, mechanics, and style tips for a professional final document.
- Includes charts with numerous key terms--including skills and action verbs--that admissiosn committees are looking for to evaluate your technical competencies as well as skill in written expression.
- More than 75 distinct skills (across 5 essential categories) and over 300 action verbs (across 8 key categories) are included, along with explanations for how to implement them.
- Insider Tips on who to seek feedback from, who to trust, and whose feedback you should take with a grain of salt.